Thank you, parents, for coming in to discuss your child’s progress with me. My apologies to my ESL parents who did not realize that they could come to have an interview with me as well. The sign-up sheet for grade 3/4 was hidden beneath some of the others. If you still wish to meet, please email me at email@example.com and we can arrange a time to do so.
Picture Retakes – Rescheduled
Please know that retakes which originally were supposed to take place last Thursday have been rescheduled for TODAY, Monday, due to the photographer being unable to come.
Well-Done Book Reports
Congratulations to the grade 4 students on their book report projects that they presented this week. They did a spectacular job on both the creative portion and the oral reports. It was obvious that a lot of effort went into these projects! Well done! This week, we will take some time during reading class to make lemonade and have some fun with one of the main lessons from Song of the Brook: If life gives you lemons, make lemonade!
Pancake Breakfast – Getting Together Our Art Tote
Our 12th Annual Pancake Breakfast & Auction will be held on Saturday, November 26th, 8:00 am to 11:00 am, and you are invited.
This is one of the ways in which we hope to bring the GCS community together to celebrate our incredible school and the success of this event depends largely on your participation. As we get closer to the date, a form will be sent home with your child for you to indicate the number of tickets you wish to purchase. Please return your form and payment to your child’s homeroom teacher before November 25th. Additionally, tickets may also be purchased at the door. Tickets can be purchased for $5 per person, and includes traditional or gluten-free pancakes, sausages, tea, coffee, and juice. Children aged 4 and younger eat for free.
The proceeds generated from this community-building fundraiser will go toward our Plant a Seed Campaign and the 2018 mission trip to Jamaica. We are asking for ALL FAMILIES in the school to contribute towards the auction portion of this event by donating items to this event. This can be done in one of two ways:
- Each homeroom class is preparing a themed gift basket that will be auctioned off during this event. Each student is asked to contribute to the class basket by donating items associated with their class theme. For parents wishing to give a cash donation, this is also gratefully appreciated and will be utilized to fill the basket with extra goodies! Again, please send the donated basket items associated with the class theme to your child’s homeroom teacher before Thursday, November 24th. Grade 3/4’s theme is An Artist’s Tote. Students have been asked to bring in materials such as markers, coloured pencils, a sketch pad, paint, and brushes. Other ideas are gladly welcome!
- This year we will have a selection of homemade preserves, desserts, craft items, and other food items. These items will be up for auction, however this year they will also be assigned a “buy it now” price.
If you are willing to make a donation of any of these items, please contact Mrs. Brenna Boudreau (Bboudreau@gcspei.ca), or Mrs. Natalie MacNeill (firstname.lastname@example.org). These items must be delivered before Friday, November 25th at 3:00 PM.
Thank you all for your continued support of GCS. We look forward to seeing you on November 26th.
Upcoming Tests and Quizzes
- Tuesday – French Test
- Wednesday – Math Test 8
- Thursday – Bible Memory Verse Quiz
- Friday – Spelling Test 10
- Tuesday – Math Quiz 5 (missed from last week), Language Test 3, French Test
- Thursday – Math Test 5, Bible Memory Verse
- Friday – Spelling Test