Well, it was awesome to see all the young cheerleaders showing their stuff at the Storm game on Friday. Well done, girls!
Canadian Achievement Tests
This coming week will look a little different for GCS students. This week all classes will be writing the Canadian Achievement Tests. For grade three and four, we will be writing a different part of the test each morning before lunch time. The tests cover reading comprehension, vocabulary, writing, spelling and math skills.
There will be no spelling test this week as we will be writing the CATs. However, students can still study List 26 for grade 4 and List 25 for grade 3.
Bible Memory Verse
Students should also keep in mind that there is a new Bible memory verse due on May 5th.
“Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” – Philippians 4:4-6
Grade Four Book Reports
Grade four students were given a missionary story from The Trailblazer Series last week. They should keep on top of their reading and write a short summary for every chapter. Books should be read by Monday, April 25, although this date is somewhat flexible. Be on the lookout for project outline coming home this week.
Family Fitness Week
We’re gearing up for the second annual Family Fitness Week! Events occurring throughout next week include…
- The Step Challenge – Each elementary class will wear pedometers for one day to find out who is the most active! Students of the class with the most steps on average will be awarded with delicious smoothies. Yum!
- Healthy Snack – Twice during the week, students will be treated to a healthy snack.
- Stop, Drop, and Exercise – At random times, all students and teachers will need to stop whatever they are doing and participate in a few minutes of exercise. Let’s work those muscles!
- Fitness Station Day – On Tuesday, students in grade K-6 will participate in various fitness stations led by high school students.
- Fitness Game Day – On Wednesday, students in grade K-6 will play fitness games and work up a sweat!
Emmanuel Bible Camp
Looking for something positive for your child to do during the summer? One of my personal favorite things to do is spend a week at Emmanuel Bible Camp! This camp provides campers of all ages with an unforgettable, life-changing experience in an atmosphere that’s fun, active, and Christ-honouring. Check it out at www.emmanuelbiblecamp.com.