Fall greetings to one and all! I’m just coming away from a fantastic conference at my chapel and I am really blown away by how great a salvation we truly have! Be encouraged that, as Christians, we can look forward to an inheritance in heaven that will never fade away or be taken from us! Yay!
We had a wonderful time last week with our Lower Elementary Mascot Elections. I am immensely proud of my students for working well together, speaking loudly and clearly with enthusiasm, and practicing good citizenship by voting. We look forward to Monday when candidates from the Grade 5/6 class will try to win the votes of the Grade 3/4 riding for their election activity.
Science and Technology Week
It’s Mrs. MacNeill’s favorite time of year! Throughout the week students will complete a variety of activities that have to do with science and technology. Below are a few of the activities we have planned for the week:
- Grades 5/6 will participate in a “Science Of Skating” event hosted by Andrews Hockey School (Tuesday)
- Grade 3/4 will go geocaching and engineer aluminum barges (Thursday)
- Grades K-12 will participate in a full afternoon of collaborative science & technology centers (Wednesday)
- Grades K-12 will come dressed as Scientists, Mathematicians, or Engineers (Wednesday)
- Grades K-12 will choose a treat from our edible periodic table thanks to the Gr 9 Kitchen Chemistry class (Thursday)
- Grades 5/6 will participate in a Little Bits Innovation Lab (Friday)
This is just a sneak peek at Science & Technology week at GCS. Students will also participate in themed art classes and Bible classes that focus on the Creator of all things Science! Be sure to check out our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages. We love to see these posts shared, liked, and retweeted!!!
Here’s a reminder that school pictures will be taken this Friday, October 23rd. Please don’t have your children dress like scientists on this day. Well, unless you want to embarrass them when looking back at school year books, that is. 😛
New Bible Verse
Be sure to look for the new Bible memory verse coming home this week. It is Matthew 5:14-16: “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” This will be due on November 5th.
Upcoming Events – Didn’t I Post This Already? Oh Well, Here We Go Again.
- October 20-23 – Science and Technology Week
- October 22 – Geocaching Field Trip
- October 23 – School Pictures
- October 28 – Fall Parties
- October 29-30 – ACSI Teacher Convention (no classes for the children
Upcoming Tests and Quizzes
- Wednesday – Math Test 4, rough copies of writing due
- Thursday – Language Test 3
- Friday – Spelling Test 6, good copies of writing due
- Wednesday – Math Test 3
- Friday – Spelling Test 6, Language Test 2